The presidential elections in the Republic of Georgia have been completed by 8 pm.
After the closure of the polling stations throughout all Georgia, the results of three different exit polls were released, each absolutely different from the others.
Results of exit polls conducted on the order of opposition-minded Rustavi 2 TV by US-based Edison Research show the following results:
- United Opposition candidate Grigol Vashadze – 40%
- Ruling party-backed Salome Zurabishvili – 40%
- European Georgia’s David Bakradze – 10%
- Shalva Natelashvili from the Labor party – 3%
- David Usupashvili, Movement for Building- 2%
The ruling Georgian Dream (GD) commissioned poll gave the following results:
- Salome Zurabishvili – 52.3%
- Grigol Vashadze – 28.1%
- David Bakradze – 9.2%
The third exit poll was conducted by the BCG Research on the order of the European Georgia opposition:
- Grigol Vashadze – 37%
- Salome Zurabishvili – 34%
- David Bakradze – 17%
- Shalva Natelashvili – 5%
On October 28, the last direct elections of the president were held in Georgia. Citizens had to make choice between 25 candidates.
Election precincts were open from8 am and closed at 8pm. If no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes in the elections, a second round of elections will be announced, where two candidates with the best results will be elected.