Khevsureti includes Aragvi (Barisakho, Gudani - Piraketa Khevsureti), Arkhoti, Of Shatili and Ardot (Khevsureti) the valleys. Tusheti borders Khevsureti to the east, To the north - the Russian Federation (Chechnya), To the west - Khevi and Mtiuleti-Gudamakari, And to the south - Pshavi. Khevsureti is covered with deep ravines, Its geographical name - "Khevsureti" - Probably, It comes from here and means a place with deep ravines.
In the valleys of these valleys until the 50s of the XX century 81 The village was inhabited by people, between them 35 Md. It was located in the Aragvi headwaters. Today in Khevsureti 33 The village is completely empty, Population 48 He lives in the village (200 households, 700 people), However, most of them spend the winter in the lowland areas and only with households permanently living in Khevsureti 20 The village remains.
Dynamics of Khevsureti population
Barisakho community Shatili community
Years 2010 2012 2010 2012
Number of households 204 163 67 56
Population 604 526 251 119
Barisakho and Shatili municipalities in Khevsureti 10 Foot- Tad unites the community:
Piraketa Khevsureti (Barisakho Community Council)
• Gveleti community - villages: Witness, Sakile, Bear, Snake, აჭეხა;
• Barisakho community - villages: Lower Barisakho, Upper Barisakho, Korsch;
• Chirdili community - villages: Chirdili, Buchukurta, უაკანახო, Lifoda, district, Ocherkhevi;
• Tskalsikiti community - villages: Ghelisvake, Chemist, Roshka, Blo;
• Gorsheghma community - villages: Backwards, Tsinkhadu, Atabe, Batsaligo, Quarrel, Freezing, Zeistecho;
• Gudan community - villages: Gudani, ღული, Worm, Biso, Chewing gum, ჩორმეშავი, Zenubani;
• Likoki community - villages: Akusho, Chalisofeli, Kobulo, Keo, Kartsaulta, Bogchvilo;
Khevsureti (Shatili Community Council)
• Arkhoti community - villages: Tonight, ჭიმღა, Akhiela;
• Shatili community - villages: Shatili, St. George, Kistan, Lebaiskar, Guru;
• Mighmakhevi community - villages: Mutso, Khan's root, Ardot, ხონე, Khakhabo, Archilo, Andak, წუკიე.
Sights of Khevsureti
Arkhot North of Khevsureti- In shares, Located in the valley of the river Asa, Which is bordered by northern Ingushetia. It is connected to Piraketa Khevsureti by hiking trails. The main shrine of the Arkhot community is the cross of Michael the Archangel of Achilles. There are three villages left in Arkhot.
Amga Arkhoti community Located nearby. Fragmented surviving walls of buildings on Nasoflari terraces are built of dry slate. There are monuments near the village: Gagat castle-house, Linen Tower, Orbelti Church and Nasoplar, Kaviskari Tower, Iron cross of the church ruins, Svetisangelozizvari; The icon complex includes a hall, Barn, `Flag sabzani` tower, The tower and the fence.
Akhiel Batakat The castle-house stands in the central part of Achilles. In the upper part of the village, To the north-east 200 At a distance of Kharat Tsikhekoshkia.
Anator cross On the contrary in Khevsureti, From Shatili 3 Km, Md. At the confluence of Arghun and Mutsostskali, Located in Nasoplar Anator. According to historical sources, The village was cut off in the XVIII century. here, Basically, The Sisaurs have lived. According to tradition, The village was infected with "Jami" and no one was left to bury it until it was buried., Sick Anatorians walked to Akldama and waited patiently for death. Along the wall in Akldama, Two or three tiers are arranged with slate shelves for the dead. Archaeological excavations in Akldama, jewellery, Arrows and coins turned up. The Anatori Cross was a common shrine of the Shatili community.
Ardot In the community of Shatili (Khevsureti) It is a village on the left bank of the river Andaki, Which Z.D.. 1820 At the height of m, From Shatili 15 Located at a distance of km. There is a XIX century church in the village, Called. Free Cross type building, Zviadauri Tower (In the southern part of the village, On the slope), Which belongs to the late Middle Ages, And the cross of the Virgin. The shrine includes a hall, Sazar and Candle Towers, Boiler, Public and barn.
Barisakho - Khevsureti is the administrative center. There is a school in the village, Medical, police. Ritual water vessels sacrificed to the Barisakho sword are kept in the Georgian State Museum, Out of the lion- ხულებით (XII-XIV centuries.).
Giorgitsminda Tsikhetgori Cemetery - This archeological site is located five kilometers southwest of Shatili, It is located at the confluence of Arghuni and Giorgitsmindskali rivers (The village of Giorgitsminda, Khevsureti) And BC. Dates to the end of the III millennium. There are currently no permanent residents in the village.
Gudan Cross (XIX century) In the village of Gudan (Piraketa Khevsureti) located. It is one of the three main ancestral communities - the Arabs, He is considered to be the main deity of Chincharauli and Gogochuri and is the cult center of the whole Khevsureti.
Guru, Former village of Shatili community, Located southwest of Shatili, 17,5 Km. There is currently no permanent population. The tower of the XVII-XVIII centuries in the village (It used to be five-story) Stepped, It is pyramidal in shape. However at the moment it is ruined and only 2 The floor has survived.
Kistan Castle-Village, Historical- The architectural monument is located in the valley of the river Arghun, from the level of the sea 1800 On m. Built in the Middle Ages.
Fortress-village difficult, It is built on a rocky terrain and is divided into two compact areas. Rural (Currently in Nasoflar) The main part consisted of about 30 castles, Which had both a household and a defensive function and which were left in the form of ruins. A little away from the village, On a high carafe, Two buildings of a purely defensive nature are built, Which is well preserved.
Lebaiskar Tower - Located in the valley of the river Arghun, Nasoflar Lebaiskar, From Barisakho-Shatili road 200 On m; Belongs to the late Middle Ages. The tower is square in plan, It has five floors; It is built of broken stone. Entrance to the east, II floor, From the ground 2,2 Has a height of m.
Mutso, Fortress-village in Pirikita Khevsureti, In the valley of the river Ardotistskali, From Z.D. 1800 M in height, From Shatili 12 km, Located on top of high cliffs. Mutso has been a single fortification since ancient times, The defense system and the main point of protection of the roads coming to Georgia from the north. village, Which was emptied more than a century ago, It is a medieval forty-year-old and household home; They are at the top of the Mutso-Ardot valley, Located on vertical terraces. Today, four military towers and several dwellings are in ruins., between them, Legendary Torghva Castle and Tower. Mutso, Basically, It is divided into two parts: Above, Older, And FIG, Relatively new, Daiaurt precinct. The difficult village to access is a popular place for tourists and climbers- For Lebi.
Roshka Piraketa is in Khevsureti and is one of the oldest settlements in Khevsureti, On which an important internal traffic route passed. The migration of the mountain population from Roshki to Erzo-Tianeti began in the 19th century. 1924 By year description, village 137 The spirit dwelt, Cattle were pursued. There are currently only a few permanent families. Didgori Cross - The main community shrine of Roshka-Kmost is located near the village. The shrine includes a hall, Code and workshop. The Archangel Cross is located on the left bank of the Roshkistskali River, On the top of a high mountain. The shrine includes a barn, Hall, St. Mary's tower and tomb.
Khakhabos The fortress-village is located in Pirikita Khevsureti, From Shatili 25 km. The ruins of more than 30 castles are preserved in the village. North-east of the village, On top of a high rock is the cross of Prince Bedlisangeloz. The icon complex includes a barn, Boiler and cooker.
Shatili castle-village It is a monument of Georgian construction art. It is Kav- North of the main ridge of Cassion, from the level of the sea 1400 M at an altitude of. The distance from Shatili is warm- Up to three 150 Km.
Lying on a rock, Late Mid-Sau- The village of Kuneebi at the same time- There was also a hut and a castle. Rows of castles are built in a row, Inaccessible, Defensive wall, Which securely closes the village. Shatili is connected to the outside world by the only narrow road leading to the Arghun Valley. The development of Shatili is terraced, The main types of buildings are flat-roofed houses and tower dwellings. The uniqueness of Shatili lies in the system of connecting the inner exits of the castle towers, Which allows movement throughout the complex without going outside. 2007 Since then, Shatili has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.